Friday, March 12, 2010

Formspring is the New Spring

On the marginal chance that I haven't revealed everything about myself here on my blog, you can ask me an anonymous question on formspring. Let's play Q&A.

I'll update this post with some questions and answers throughout the weekend.

UPDATE! Alright, the questions have begun:

Can I have your hair?
Well, they say that everybody has their price. Make me an offer and let's see if we can find mine!

Do you plan on having more kids?
Probably not, but we never say never. Honestly, it's hard to head back into that baby phase when the kiddos start getting older. (Max will be seven(!) in two months.) Here's a funny story on this topic: The other day we spent some time with another couple who had a toddler girl. Afterward, Christian shook his head and said, "Well, I've decided that I definitely don't want any more kids!" And Max echoed, "Totally!" Okay, then, I guess we know how they feel.

Name an author and a musical artist who inspire you in your writing.
Let's see...in the author category, the obvious choice for me is Natalie Goldberg. I've used her book, Writing Down the Bones, for years as my writing tutor, inspiration, and cheerleader. But I'm terribly fickle when it comes to my current favorite--it is always the one I'm currently reading. But the authors that have made a lasting impression on me are Barbara Kingsolver, Elizabeth Gilbert, and most recently, J.D. Salinger. And music? I've never thought before about music inspiring my writing. My musical taste as I've gotten older has become more and more broad. I really enjoy a little of everything. I don't want you to feel cheated if I don't give a specific artist, so I will say Billy Joel because I have loved him the longest. And right behind him will be the Indigo Girls, even though I don't know if they have produced anything recently.

What is your favorite guilty pleasure? That you're embarrassed to admit?
My inability to stop watching the Real Housewives of Orange County and/or New York. But I am TOTALLY above watching the Real Housewives of Atlanta and/or New Jersey. Wanna know which reality show is missing from the lineup? The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City. Oh mama! Set the DVR now!

Beaches or mountains?
Beaches. With french fries.

Favorite book of all time?
Grover and the Everything in the Whole Wide World Museum. It still sucks me in.

Let's say you and I want to get some good Chinese takeout. Since you are the master orderer, what would you order for us? (from Ginnie)
How about some egg drop soup, Garlic Chicken and then some Fuji Beef? I will also ask for four forks, so that they will think four people are eating and therefore give us four fortune cookies. That way, we'll each get a spare fortune cookie in case our first fortunes are dumb.

What are three things you miss about Utah, and three things you love about the East?
Utah: I miss family and friends, a wide selection of good Mexican food, and the Sunshine Sushi Roll at Tsunami. (Do you miss me too, Sunshine Roll? Do you?) East: I love the landscape, the diversity of people (I'm friends with Jews, Amish, and Unitarians!), and so many great cities to explore.

Have you chosen a title for your novel yet? If so, how did you choose it?
No, I haven't chosen one yet. Titling is not my strength. One of my college writing professors renamed every single thing I wrote in his class. My titles were all terribly cheesy.

And now I have a question for you: Do you formspring? Share your link if you do. I'd love to ask you a question or two.

13 comments:

Hannah said...

Excited you've joined formspring!

Here's mine:
http://www.formspring.me/sherbetblossom

Cathy said...

Here's mine:

http://www.formspring.me/oldsninetyeight

or it's just on my blog sidebar.

Love your blog, by the way!

Ginnie said...

I don't do formspring... I'm affraid of rejection. "What if no one likes me and had questions for me?!" I don't the ego could take it. I'm fragile.

Christy said...

I've never heard of it I live under a rock, but I'm certainly going to check it out now.

Kristina P. said...

I've only seen this recently. I don't really understand.

Hildie said...

What is this formspring? How do I use it?

(My word verification is "humper"! What the . . . !)

Ann said...

Mexican food. That's what I missed most when we lived in New York. That and a view of the west desert when a storm's rolling in.

Mia said...

Wow with the extra forks/extra fortune cookies. You are the master take out order-er.

Taylor Swim said...

I just love your blog. It inspires my writing in so many ways. I have never come across someone's blog that is as entertaining as yours is. You have a light whit that keeps your posts fun and fresh. I am always checking to see what you'll come up with next. I wonder how you come up with your topics?

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

not yet, but maybe...I worry it is just one more thing.

I love the four fork idea, that's GENIUS!

Becky said...

Ah the real housewives-those ladies always suck me in! So bad.

Alyssa said...

no twitter and no formspring for me. That probably makes me lame and boring. At least I have you to keep me up to date and entertained :)

kado! said...

hey! I came on over from Little Pink Houses! hello!

your beaches answer cracked me up! I live in a beach town and it always confuses me when I see people eating french fries from the snack shack on the beach in their swimsuits! I guess mentally I can't bring myself to eating something hot and greasy while I'm showing so much skin...it's gotta be mental 'cause obviously the weight is not just gonna show right up...but it still confuses me when I see people eating them! ha! so basically fresh fruit for me one a sunny day at the beach!

love me some real-housewives too! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails