Monday, December 14, 2009

50 Thoughts in 5 Minutes

Ready, set, go:

  1. I want to put Max in a time capsule. 
  2. I love his age.
  3. I heard on the news that bananas and tomatoes make for a flatter stomach.
  4. Today I took my last dosage of acid reflux medicine.
  5. I don't like feeling sick after everything I eat.
  6. I have grown fond of Mondays.
  7. I like the idea of getting a lot of stuff done.
  8. I don't usually get a lot of stuff done, but I sure like the idea of it.
  9. I like working from home.
  10. It's a good fit for me.
  11. Christmas is next week.
  12. I got a lot of Christmas shopping done in the last few days.
  13. That was a good thing, because I had almost none done.
  14. I don't like the panicked feeling of not having gifts for my loved ones.
  15. I made soup with breadsticks yesterday.
  16. Yesterday was a drizzly, icy, gloomy day outside.
  17. It was the perfect day to be homebound.
  18. I made a Thai curry soup with butternut squash.
  19. I plan on having it again for lunch.
  20. Curry is Ryan's comfort food.
  21. I'm pretty fond of it myself.
  22. I took a nap on the couch.
  23. I wore my jacket and scarf all day.
  24. Today the sun is shining.
  25. Christian was disappointed at the warmer weather today.
  26. He felt like a snow day was in order.
  27. Even though there isn't any snow.
  28. I'm developing a zit on my chin.
  29. There's been a crime spree in my area.
  30. Burglar(s).
  31. I'm considering posting a note on the door.
  32. "Dear Burglars, All the jewelry here is from Target. Don't waste your time."
  33. I don't like the idea of nearby crime sprees.
  34. I much prefer nearby shopping sprees.
  35. Last week felt like a shopping spree.
  36. It was fun.
  37. Giving gifts to loved ones is fun.
  38. Ryan is a hard person to shop for.
  39. He will like anything, but he needs nothing.
  40. Other than some body repair work for his car.
  41. But Santa said it's not in the funds.
  42. My cell phone is red.
  43. I thought you should know that.
  44. My job is very busy right now.
  45. It's getting in the way of my blogging.
  46. Sometimes I feel bad if I haven't blogged in a few days.
  47. As if the blog is a living thing that must be nourished by my musings.
  48. This actually took eleven minutes to write.
  49. Because I had to take a work phone call in the middle of it.
  50. See what I mean?

17 comments:

Angie said...

Burglars are scary! But Thai curry soup sounds delicious. Hopefully that will give you enough comfort to take away the scary burglar feelings, and I hope that your note about the Target jewlery works. Good idea.

I noticed that I once again did not win your drawing. Evil old fairy curse still in effect.

Alyssa said...

I am getting a bit panicky about not having any Christmas gifts yet. You are right, it is a terrible feeling. Work is getting in the way of blogging and Christmas shopping for me.
Oh, and yesterday I went to two parties and when I got home I discovered a brand new zit had sprouted while I was out reveling.....

Christy said...

I must say your random thoughts are my very favorite thing! Your Dear Burglar letter made me laugh!

Kristina P. said...

I just realized Christmas is 10 days away. I about had a panic attack!

Leslie said...

Definitely post the burglar letter. I've been considering doing the same thing, for the same reasons. At least you have a dog. Your dog's bark is much bigger than she is -- might just be enough!

Kim said...

Are you going to share your soup recipe?

Annie said...

i'd probably break in even for target jewelry! but, i'm not saying i'm a burglar!

i, too, enjoy mondays!

Artax said...

My guy works at home, too, and it's a good fit for him, too. I get jealous when it's freezing and I have to go out to work....

Omgirl said...

I am beginning to feel that very panic you spoke of. I got most of my shopping done early. But I am missing a few key things for my kids and EVERYTHING for my husband, who is impossible to buy for. ACK!

Anonymous said...

you should teach my mom to make that soup. it sounds soo good.

Aimee said...

I get that guilty feeling too. It's not like I blog for money so I don't know where the guilt comes from? But it is my little, living, breathing, internet baby. So sue me.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

I love the Dear Burglars letter. Mine would say everything was from Charlotte Rouse.

That soup sounds delish!

MAB said...

Hmmm, if my blog was a living entity, it would be taken away by CPS for malnourishment. Oh well, that's what New Year's resolutions are for right? Which reminds me, Christmas is practically next week. Better get busy not blogging.

Becky said...

I have missed reading your blog. I will never do that again! I'm so glad that you are still here even when I'm not. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. They always make me smile!

Travelin'Oma said...

Your list was so fun to read. I want a red cell phone now.

You Are My Fave said...

I'm impressed with your quick thinking. All I can think about right now is the awesomeness that is Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead. And I need to clean.

tiburon said...

I can only assume that my stomach is so round because I think bananas are of the devil.

Related Posts with Thumbnails