...and the next day, they're big.
Yesterday Max turned eight entire years old. Yowza! I'm so far removed now from babydom, I can barely remember how to wipe another person's butt!
We had some friends over for cake and ice cream last night to celebrate and played a little party game, featuring true and false statements about Max. He really enjoyed being the star of the show. You can play along if you like.
True or False? Max...
- Was a fat baby.
- Once killed a rabid fox with his bare hands.
- Wants to be a stand up Canadian.
- Refused to sing the Mother’s Day song at church because he felt it was “creepy.”
- Took a little extra time to learn to talk.
- Can collapse his nostrils on demand.
- Likes his nails trimmed.
- Is a BIG fan of Oprah.
- Is into “skate and rap.”
- Is rumored to have been part of TEAM SIX.
- Can correctly identify the make and model of most cars over 100K.
- Can correctly identify most planes and jets.
- Can begrudgingly identify Justin Beiber.
- Is a poet.
- Likes ketchup, but not mustard.
- Eats tomato ice cream
- Has decided not to run for president.
- Coined the phrase, “Shooby Dooby.”
- Enjoys kneading fleshy upper arms with his fingers.
- Feels like starting a new life in France.
- Loves cheeseburgers and long walks on the beach.
- Is an amazing traveler.
- Invented several successful wrestling moves, including: Payback Time, Slimey, Friend, and Takedown.
- Is best friends with a Pakastani muslim.
- Has a habit of sticking his face in the sand at the beach.
- Is a heckuva kayaker, cat-sitter, and Pokémon trainer.
- Is unusually strong.
- Can build aircraft carriers and model homes out of printer paper.
- Loves the Vampire State Building.
- Thinks "hobos" are a great punchline to most jokes.
- Once dated Betty White.
- Invented a catchy alternative to “Eeny Meeny Miney Mo" called, "Meeny Miney Dead Bunny."
- Wrote a popular country song titled, “I Got a Little, Little, Little, Little, Little Banjo.”
- Is the executive producer of The Real Housewives of New Jersey.
This morning Max woke up and wished that it could be his birthday again because it was "so awesome." Then he qualified his statement by saying that other people could get presents too, because that wouldn't really be fair. This kid appreciates life to the fullest, with arms wide open, and is always looking on the bright side. He is kind and thoughtful and has a hilariously inappropriate sense of humor. (Genetics!) And no matter how big he continues to get, he'll always be my baby.