Thursday, November 18, 2010

Ten Minutes of Random

  • Been a while since I went random on you.
  • I kind of stopped the random thing as soon as I sensed it was trendy.
  • Trendy-ness confounds me.
  • I am equally drawn to it and repelled by it.
  • Like that weird, thick space between two magnets with the same charge.
  • Remember when the movie Titanic came out?
  • That was really trendy.
  • I didn't see it for about three years.
  • Because I'm principled like that.
  • What was I proving and to whom?
  • Dunno.
  • Anyway, here I am, back and spouting random thoughts.
  • Like this one: I had an enormous zit on my lip yesterday.
  • It was Titanic in scope.
  • I tried to ignore it.
  • Ignoring it is recommended by Seventeen magazine.
  • As well as four out of five dentists.
  • I ignored it until 2:00 p.m.
  • Then I performed home surgery on it.
  • My eyes were watering, it hurt so bad.
  • It was like giving birth through a tiny pore on the edge of my lip.
  • I wished for an epidural.
  • Or a lipidural.
  • I also wished for lyposuction.
  • Because you might as well wish for a couple of things at once.
  • Just in case there are some 2-for-1 wishing specials.
  • Wish update: not granted. 
  • None of the above.
  • In other news, I can't get enough of Food Network.
  • Especially this time of year.
  • I've watched approximately 144 Thanksgiving meals prepared in the last two weeks.
  • It fulfills me in a way that is difficult to describe.
  • I'm afraid, though, that when Thanksgiving rolls around, I'll only be in the mood for tacos.
  • But I don't care.
  • I'm going to watch more Food Network.
  • Because I'm risky like that.
  • One last thought.
  • I've been sipping a 5-hour energy drink all day.
  • How does the math work on that?

15 comments:

Kelly Sparrow said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly Sparrow said...

I hear you about being anti-trendy. I refuse to read the books or watch the movies or even acknowledge that Harry Potter or Twillight exist. It's a matter of morals. It could be a problem though when being anti-trendy is trendy. Then I would have to become trendy to be untredy. Hmm...

Becky said...

I so love your random! :)

Alyssa said...

ditto to the Harry Potter and Twilight thing - too trendy for me. I have no interest in knowing anything about it.
Love the magnet description. LOVE!

Hil said...

You are my favorite. Thanks for the laugh!!

Katy {and Kahler} said...

please, please, please. don't stop the random. trendy, maybe. but your random is unique and so entertaining! :)

Jesse C said...

I still proudly have never seen Titanic. I also wish I had never seen Avatar.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

I've had a lipidural...it was awesome! :)

Melanie said...

I want to make your delicious beveridge and can't find the recipe. help!

Mia said...

You don't have tacos at Thanksgiving? Weird. I thought that was just a standard side dish...

Ginnie said...

I love you and your randomness so much right now.

Kelly B said...

You sound like my husband Dan. He will not see or read anything that is so called "trendy". I get sucked into stuff like that.

Hannah said...

Don't stop your random posts. You are my favorite. So funny.

Omgirl said...

I know I've said it before, and I'm REALLY not trying to sound like a suck-up or some kind of creepy internet loser who gloms onto popular internet divas in the hopes that it might rub off (but if it did, you know, I wouldn't entirely mind), but you seriously make me laugh!!!

On to other topics, I luckily saw Titanic on opening night w/o ever hearing all the hype, so I felt OK about loving it and not having had to jump on the bandwagon to do so. Twilight, on the other hand, I punished myself for four years out of principle before finally giving in and reading it and having to admit I was sucked in by it. DAMNIT, I hate that.

Sarah said...

i like this.

aren't five hour energy drinks supposed to be taken as a shot?

Related Posts with Thumbnails