Monday, June 14, 2010

4-Layer Burritos, Summer Homes, and Holiday Music

  • Yesterday I wore a red and white striped top with a blue polka-dot skirt.
  • Ryan asked me if I was going to sing the national anthem at church.
  • And then he called me Maria.
  • Because my tan is getting a little out of control.
  • I was not offended because I looked adorable--patriotic and tan.
  • And he knew it.
  • Plus, I love Mexicans.
  • And Mexican food.
  • As evidenced by my diet.
  • My new love at Taco Bell is the 7-layer burrito, fresco style with no rice.
  • If you're into math, it's technically only a 4-layer burrito.
  • But I am not that into math.
  • I am, however, really into that burrito.
  • I have it several times per week.
  • You know what else I'm not that into right now?
  • All the Christmas music playing on my computer.
  • What the?
  • Sometimes my iTunes is so annoying.
  • You know what else is annoying?
  • How much the Real Housewives of New York fought this season.
  • There was a lot of fighting.
  • Fighting was the new backstabbing.
  • Silly housewives.
  • Ryan is very judgmental of my Housewives subscription.
  • Because he is really into high-brow shows like Sports Center.
  • (Aaron Neville is singing the Christmas Song now.)
  • I am still waiting for the Real Housewives of Salt Lake City.
  • It would be a priceless addition to the franchise.
  • Don't you agree?
  • (Another Christmas song.)
  • In other news, it's very warm these days.
  • And I am ecstatic.
  • Except at night when I can't sleep.
  • Because we're too cheap to run our inefficient air conditioner.
  • So, last week we decided to build a summer home.
  • A getaway from the heat and humidity.
  • But, again, we're cheap.
  • So, we built the summer home in our basement.
  • It's not really a "summer home" we built in our basement as much as a "one-room summer cottage."
  • And it's not really a "one-room summer cottage" as much as it is an "unused exercise room."
  • That was already built.
  • But you get the idea.
  • The basement is at least 15 degrees cooler than our bedroom.
  • Which is exactly what we were looking for in a summer home.
  • Sometimes the thing you are searching for is right under your nose.
  • Or your home office.
  • We bought a mattress at a closeout warehouse and stuck it in there.
  • We got a great deal on the mattress, more than 50% off, because it had a stain in the corner.
  • The guy promised that it was a water stain.
  • I said that at more than 50% off, it was my favorite stain in the world.
  • Best looking stain I ever saw, in fact.
  • (Seriously, another Christmas song!)
  • It's time for me to go.
  • May your days be merry and bright.

15 comments:

Kristina P. said...

How ridiculous is it that I am more giddy for the Real Housewives series, rather than Glee?

Alyssa said...

wait, was it you I first discussed Real Housewives of SLC with? Because the more I think about that one, the more amazing I think it would be. I've discussed it with a number of other people and they generally agree it would be fascinating and horrifying all at once. But isn't that what all of the Housewives shows are about?

Cathy said...

I'm planning to audition for Real Housewives of Salt Lake City. I can hardly wait!

Kate said...

I absolutely love 7 layer burritos from Taco Bell. It's pretty much the only fast food I'll eat. Well, until I tried the chicken chalupa....

Becky said...

I bet you were darling as ever in your red white and blue. I think I'll have to try your burrito- sounds yummy! Happy Holidays!

Leslie said...

um, i seriously loved this post!!!

Travelin'Oma said...

You make the best lists!

alex dumas said...

I can read these again and again and not wish for the time back.

Lindy-Lou said...

You are so funny. Thanks for the laughs. I agree, I'll read this one again. I get the frustration with the Christmas music on my shuffle. I decided Mannheim Steamroller can sometimes sound all season if I don't think too deeply.

Mia said...

I was getting a massage a couple of weekends ago and halfway through I realized that the pan-pipe music she was playing was Christmas music!! I was totally distracted the rest of the way through.

PS Make a special folder for your Christmas music so you can only load it on your iPod during Christmas. Or conversely pull it out of your regular rotation...

And PPS I totally think you would rock a red white and blue ensemble (I vote for a picture).

And PPPS My tan is getting so yikes, I am considering wearing a long sleeve rash guard the rest of the summer, no lie.

AND congrats on the new basement summer home :)

Kelly S. said...

I absolutely love my basement in the summer. Mess and all! Half my kids sleep down there June through August.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

I need to swing by "The Bell", eh? I hope you are enjoying your vacation.

Christy said...

Congratulations on your new summer home!

This was a fun read, thanks for making me smile!

tiburon said...

I am scared about that stain.

Is it wrong that the stain is all I can think about?

Omgirl said...

I would build a summer home in our basement (i.e. cellar) too, except that it is only 5'10" high and inhabited by the Boogie Man and his spider minions.

Can I vacation in yours sometime?

Related Posts with Thumbnails