Thursday, May 13, 2010

Girl Power

Sometimes when my Bed & Breakfast & Gall Bladder Surgical Recovery Center isn't filled with surgical patients, I open it up to the healthy. Two of my dear gal pals from Utah showed up tonight for a few days of girl time. Living with three boys, I don't get a whole lotta girl time, so this is a special treat. We are going to have so much fun. Here are just some of the girl-centric ideas I have planned:

  • Talking about our feelings
  • Talking about our husbands' feelings
  • Talking about our childrens' feelings
  • Talking about shoes
  • Shopping
  • Talking about shopping
  • Thinking about shopping
  • Talking about things we bought while shopping
  • Telling each other we look pretty
  • Eating salads
  • Talking about our periods
  • Passing notes
  • Watching movies without guns
  • Pursuing chocolate in various forms
  • Watching Bravo
  • Complaining about our bodies while eating cookie dough
  • Pulling the car into empty parking lots to cry
It's a full-on estrogen-fest. Wish the boys luck.

16 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Girl time is immeasurable.

Hannah said...

ooh...sounds like loads of fun! Have a blast doing all things girly.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

It sounds perfect! I'll catch the red eye tonight! ;)

Dede said...

Oh wait...you forgot tickle fights!

The List Writer said...

The best list ever! Perfect! Also, there will likely be no sweaty sports kit scattered randomly around the place.

tiburon said...

Have so much fun!

Alyssa said...

Enjoy!

Leslie said...

Don't forget pedicures and sharing beauty tips.

Jesse C said...

I feel a little uncomfortable.

ern said...

yay girl time! sounds like a perfect weekend!
ok, i also have a random question for you. you said you were doing writing for a living (or is it freelancing?) anyway, i'm wondering how you got into that. care to share with your readers? or at least me? :) thx!

Hildie said...

You forgot "talking about giving birth". That one comes up almost immediately when I get together with my friends.

Mia said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend! Enjoy.

Vanessa said...

I hope it was a blast!

Ginnie said...

Sounds like a blast and so well planned out. I think you need to add to the list
-talking about saggy boobs
-talking about how awesome it would be if someone offered you a free boob job.

You should consider working those in somewhere.

Christy said...

Super cute post! I think we just about covered all of them, including the one in your comment section about saggy boobs!

Omgirl said...

I love complaining about my body while eating cookie dough! Almost as much as I love watching Biggest Loser while eating cheesecake.

Related Posts with Thumbnails